HOW TO FIND IMAGES OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS:
1. Go to Google and type "whiskers on kittens" or some other favorite thing in the search bar.
2. Then click on "Images" under the search bar.
3. Double click on an image you like.
4. Then "right click" on the image and select "save image as." It should save to your "Windows Live Photo Gallery."
HOW TO SELECT PHOTOS AND IMAGES FOR YOUR SCREENSAVER:
1. Go to "Windows Live Photo Gallery."
2. Double click on a photo you want to be part of your slide show, and give it a one star rating in the lower right corner, under "Information." You should be able to forward arrow then, at the bottom of the screen, through photos, just starring those you want to be part of your screensaver.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SCREENSAVER SETTINGS:
3. Go to the "Start" menu. Select or type in "Control Panel."
4. Select "Appearance and Personalization."
5. Under the "Personalization" heading, select "Change screensaver"
6. Set the pull down menu to "Windows Live Photo Gallery."
7. Below that, decide how long you want your computer to wait before initiating your screensaver. I have mine set to 3 minutes, because I enjoy seeing my favorite things sooner rather than later.
8. Check the box if you want to re-enter your password every time your screensaver comes on.
9. Next, click "settings," and set the pull-down menu to one star.
10. I have my other settings set to "Classic" and "Medium" speed, but you can play with this.
11. You can click "Preview" next to "Settings" to take your new screensaver out for a test drive.
12. You may need to restart your computer via the "Start" menu for the new settings to take effect.
If you spend a lot of time at your computer, this can be a great way to remind yourself of goals, to remind yourself to smile, to remind yourself of what's important to you.
These are a few favorite things that make me smile:
Places to travel!
Parties in the woods!
Treat yourself to a screensaver of your favorite things!