The Refuge of the Mind

Here's a secret which is known to housewives the ages old, to work-a-day farmers for centuries past, to weary sailors, to put-upon servants, and to students-at-desks. Your mind is a free place. All of the land, as far as your mind's eye can see, is yours--on which to build dreams, houses, and stories. You don't have to be wealthy to own a castle or a private island.

I've never really minded doing the dishes (with my new, wonderful Wonder Wand dish-scrubbing wand), or doing the laundry, because it affords an opportunity to think and dream. This phenomenon always makes me think of the Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella song "My Own Little Corner."

"In my own little corner in my own little chair; I can be whatever I want to be."

"Home" begins in the mind. May it always provide an unassailable refuge and repose for you.

Comments