Lemon Aid

Simply Recipes has a lemonade tip which I've tested twice now and simply must pass on! It's sugar syrup. By creating a well-blended syrup with the sugar you can avoid the granules-at-the-bottom-of-the-Koolaid-pitcher phenomenon. Simply heat the sugar (they say 1 cup; I say no more than than 3/4) in 1 cup of water in a saucepan, stirring until all of the sugar is dissolved. Juice 4 medium lemons (yields 1 cup juice). I use an old-fashioned glass juicer because I like simple tools (and antiques shopping). I've been picking the seeds out by hand. I've avoided using a strainer because I don't want to lose any pulp. (If anyone knows of a more efficient way to de-seed, please let me know.) Add syrup and lemon juice to a pitcher, along with at least three cups of water (to taste). Refrigerate and then enjoy!

Comments