Reincarnation the Third

It's been awhile since I've posted. My graphic designer sister visited recently and helped me redo the look of my blog again. She took this painting I had fallen in love with, artist unknown, gave her a hearth and a bow, patiently responded to repeated sisterly urgings of "just a little bit oranger," and I have survived to tell the tale. I intend to clean up the entire blog soon with proofreading and the replacing of fuzzy pictures and broken links, and I have promised to post once a month. This shouldn't be difficult, as I have a greenhouse full of sprouted posts ready to plant. If you're new to my blog, the "hunt" refers to Artemis, Greek goddess of the hunt, and is also a reference to the art and sport that is shopping, and the "hearth" refers to Hestia, Greek goddess of the hearth, and chiefly to homemaking, although I also try to examine what we mean by the concept of "home," both in a very local sense, but also in a more global sense. For instance, I was born in the bay area of California. My mother recalls a mild earthquake in which she found me enthusiastic and wild-eyed, standing in my crib and saying "rocky, rocky." I am interested in concepts of home as intimate as the cradle and also which affect humanity en masse as with earthquakes. I try to do this telescoping gently. I am interested in hearing what "home" means to you. Is it a person, a place, a thing, a feeling?

Comments